The following policy will explain RCTA’s (“RCTA”) commitment to your privacy and how we use the information collected through the SOLAR Network website (“Site”). It also covers the terms and conditions under which you (“The User”) agree to use this site. This policy covers both “Student” and “Scholar” categories of registered users. Where policies apply only to one category of user they are indicated as such.
Last Updated: October 1, 2020
The SOLAR Network is sponsored by the Rivendell Center for Theology and the Arts (“RCTA”), a research center of the Rivendell Institute. By registering your “User” account on the SOLAR Network website (“Site”) you agree to be bound by the terms and provisions of this agreement.
By registering on this “Site” you gain access to the Scholars Directory, which includes individual “Scholar Users” profiles and their contact information. You are permitted to contact scholars whose profiles are hosted on this site in regard to research interests, postgraduate programs, or postgraduate-level supervision. All other solicitation is not permitted.
By registering on this “Site” and submitting your scholar profile you consent to be contacted by other “Registered Users.” Prospective students who are members of the SOLAR Network may inquire about postgraduate programs and postgraduate-level supervision. Fellow scholars may contact you about possible collaboration. You are permitted to contact other “Users” whose scholar profiles are hosted on this site in regard to research interests or collaboration opportunities. All other solicitation is not permitted.
- Access to Content
The content on this site is provided for the exclusive use of SOLAR Network members (“Registered Users”). You may print a copy of scholar profiles for personal reference, but may not repost any SOLAR Network site content elsewhere, either in print or digital form.
- User Behavior
All users are expected to abide by reasonable and acceptable standards of behavior in their interactions with other SOLAR Network “Users”. It is not permitted to post content on this “Site” or engage in communication with other “Users” that could be deemed unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate. Doing so will result in termination of “The User’s” account, and loss of access to this “Site”.
- Responsibility for Site Content
“RCTA” is not responsible for the accuracy of any content posted on this “Site” by its “Users” nor for any content posted on external sites which are hyperlinked to this “Site”. “RCTA” makes no guarantee that communication with other SOLAR Network members (“Users”) will result in opportunities for scholarly collaboration or doctoral supervision.
- Intellectual Property
- What data do we collect?
RCTA collects the following data:
- Personally identifiable information including name and email address
- All required and any optional responses to the questions found in the SOLAR Network Student or Scholar Registration forms: for “Student Users” this includes ‘Registration Information’; for “Scholar Users” this includes ‘Registration Information’, ‘Professional Information’, ‘Research Areas’, and ‘Professional Websites’.
- How do we collect your data?
You directly provide RCTA with the data we collect when you complete and submit your SOLAR Network member registration on the SOLAR Network website.
- How will we use your data?
RCTA collects your data so that we can:RCTA will only email you regarding the following:
- “All Users”: Create your SOLAR Network member account
- “Scholar Users”: Create your SOLAR Network Scholar Profile which is hosted on the SOLAR Network website. Your profile is only accessible to registered SOLAR Network members who sign in to the SOLAR Network website (“Site”).
- Facilitate connections between prospective students pursuing postgraduate work and scholars who share similar interdisciplinary interests and might be able to serve as advisors/supervisors for their programs of study by providing scholar profile and contact information in the form of email addresses.
- Foster increased collaboration between scholars in various fields of literary studies who are likewise interested in the intersection of literature and religion by providing scholar profiles and contact information in the form of email addresses.
- Email you (see list of reasons we may email you below)
RCTA will only email you regarding the following:
- SOLAR Network News & Opportunities
- Email inquiries we receive from you
- “Scholar Users”: Changes or updates to your SOLAR Network Scholar Profile
- Consent to communication
“Scholar Users”: By submitting your profile to the SOLAR Network you consent to being contacted by other SOLAR Network members about your research interests, postgraduate or doctoral supervision or programs, or opportunities for scholarly collaboration.
- How do we store your data?
RCTA securely stores your data on the WordPress platform which hosts this “Site” and the MailChimp platform we use to communicate with you. Access to data stored on the “Site” requires SOLAR Network member or RCTA administrator sign-in. We will keep your SOLAR Network member account data until which time you notify us to delete your data and SOLAR Network account.
RCTA will NOT sell your data.
RCTA will NOT share your data with parties outside the SOLAR Network, unless we first receive your permission to do so.
- What are your data protection rights?
RCTA would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data from RCTA.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that RCTA correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that RCTA complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that RCTA erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that RCTA transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information listed under 10.
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
Phone: (+1) (203) 785–0164
Write: Rivendell Institute
291 Edwards St.
New Haven, CT 06511